Coutinho's representatives in Barcelona, announcement imminent in club's plans — From Brazil

Ajustar Comentario Impresión

"So what they pay in the end doesn't matter", he explained.

Liverpool have rejected a mammoth £90.3m bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho, 25, in what is the Spanish giant's second failed bid to bring Brazilian attacker to the Nou Camp. It's simply too late, the player too important, and the market too difficult for Liverpool to consider a sale at any price. With a direct involvement in 79 goals during his 181 games for Liverpool, Coutinho has established himself as one of the most important players in Merseyside.

Liverpool have reaffirmed that the forward is not for sale and the case is closed.

Last month Barcelona had another bid rejected of £72m and appear no closer to signing the Brazil international.

"Liverpool is not a club that has to sell players".

Coutinho did sign a new five-year deal with Liverpool back in January.

"The good thing from the Liverpool fans' point of view is the manager is desperate to keep hold of him and is trying everything to keep hold of him", he said in his role as a BT Sport pundit. The board want him to stay, this is not a situation where Liverpool need money or to cash in.

Today, talking to the press for the first time this week ahead of Saturday's opening match of the Premier League season, Jürgen Klopp repeated the stance.

Bookmakers Betfair have responded to the latest news by pricing Coutinho at 8/11 to remain at Anfield for the upcoming season, having been at odds of 2/1 earlier this week.

The 18-year-old Liverpudlian said: 'I'm not sure whether I will get that opportunity but I am hoping to take it if I do get it. I will be fighting for that position, as will all the other lads. But just because of one request of one club, we don't have to think about that. There is no loyalty in the game.

Barcelona are looking to quickly seal the seal the deal so Coutinho can be available to face Real Madrid on Sunday.